CD Burning Software

James Drabb JDrabb at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Feb 3 03:06:52 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-02-02 at 13:19, Eelco Hoekema wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-02-02 at 14:40, Harald Glatt wrote:
> > I'd prefer something that doesn't depend on kde, do you know something
> > for gnome?
>
> You could try pigeon:
> project page: http://sourceforge.net/projects/gnome-cd-burner/
> screenshots:  http://gnome-cd-burner.sourceforge.net/
>
> eelco

Hmm, I will check this out.  Gnome 2.x BADLY needs a good CD burning
app.  I found one named coaster,
http://coaster.sourceforge.net/development.php though it looks to be
very alpha still.  XCDRoast is ok, though the UI is very outdated IMO.
GCombust is just plain ugly IMO as well and is not very user friendly.
Nautilus's built-in cd-burning is simply, though it is very slow and
needs a lot of disk space because it creates a temporary image before it
burn instead of doing it on the fly.

Now if I could only get a k3b like interface in Gnome 2.x, I'd be one
happy camper : )

Jim Drabb
The box said: "Requires Windows 98/2000/NT/XP or better."
So, I installed LINUX!
James Drabb JR
Senior Programmer Analyst
Davenport, FL USA