SSH Display Problem

Andrew Philipoff aphilipoff at medicine.ucsf.edu
Tue Feb 3 05:02:44 UTC 2004

Try "ssh -X server_name -l login_name". Per the man page for ssh, the -X flag:

Enables X11 forwarding.  This can also be specified on a per-host
basis in a configuration file.

              X11 forwarding should be enabled with caution.  Users with the
              ability to bypass file permissions on the remote host (for the
              user's X authorization database) can access the local X11 display
              through the forwarded connection.  An attacker may then be able
              to perform activities such as keystroke monitoring.

--
Andrew Philipoff <mailto:aphilipoff at medicine.ucsf.edu>
Information Systems, Department of Medicine, UCSF