[fedora] LCD monitor recomendation

Peter Loron peterl at standingwave.org
Tue Feb 3 05:38:54 UTC 2004

I've got a Hitachi CML175SXW, and it's great.

The things to look for in an LCD monitor are the contrast (you want at
least 400:1) and the brightness (250cd is the min, for me anyway..300 is
better). Refresh time is important if you are going to be playing
"twich" games or watching video. Try for < 20ms.

If your video card has DVI output, I'd highly recommend getting an LCD
that supports it...better image.

-Pete