fedora and familiar (ipaq

emiliano.brunetti at fastwebnet.it emiliano.brunetti at fastwebnet.it
Tue Feb 3 09:13:31 UTC 2004

The message below was originally rejected by your Spam Filter, but was re-sent through webmail. It was blocked for: F5_Unwanted_To_Address: fedora-list at redhat.com.

On Tue, 2004-02-03 at 06:21, listas at lozano.eti.br wrote:
> Hi,
> I have an ipaq running familiar 7.2. Fedora should recognize the ipaq
> as it is put on the usb craddle and start a ppp link using usbnet, but > nothing happens. It was sugested I should get a newer kernel. Before I > try this, anyone on this list uses an ipaq (mine is an h3800) and
> familiar linux?

I have a Ipaq 5550 with windoze. However, it was a known problem by time i checked that USB connection was not working. The only choice in mycase was serial connection, regardless of what flavour of linux is running.

Kernel recompiling can help if your PDA is not properly recognized when you plug the usb cable. Dmesg is your friend in this case.

You may want to try synce, multisync and all the gnome/kde packages ontheir site (synce.sourceforge.net i presume).

HTH

E.