CD Burning Software

Colin Charles linux at bytebot.net
Tue Feb 3 17:16:08 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-02-03 at 14:10, James Drabb wrote:

> The problems with these two apps are that the UI is outdated, does not
> fit in well with Gnome 2.x and they are not very user-friendly.  I
> switched my brother-in-law (non-tech savvy) to FC1 and Gnome.  He puked
> at how horrible XCdroast and gcombust are.  He really like k3b, even
> more then Nero.  The problem with him using a KDE app is that his laptop
> is older and only has 10GB.  He is a photographer and needs all the
> space he can get for images instead of wasting it on KDE libs.  IMO, the
> only thing that Gnome 2.x lacks as a complete desktop is a CD burning
> app.

If you're running GNOME 2.4 (as all FC1 users should be), by inserting a
blank CD into your CDRW drive, Nautilus (the gnome "file
manager/browser") will pop-up a window with the Location being burn:///

Your brother-in-law can then drag&drop his files to this window, then
click File -> Write CD.

Dead easy to burn photos to CDs, no need for anything external.
Colin Charles, byte at aeon.com.my
http://www.bytebot.net/
http://fedoranews.org/colin/fnu/ - Fedora News Updates