Spamassassin in evolution

Tue Feb 3 21:41:59 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-02-03 at 15:35, Marc Schwartz wrote:

> > > A good thing there though is info about the Spamassassin mailing list - No
> > > doubt they can help you with any specific questions.  Lots of good info
> > > about new rules etc too.  - John
> >
> > I'm getting in late on this thread, sorry.
> >
> > I visited spamassassin.org, and it looks like spamassassin would not help a
> > user who gets his mail from his ISP's mail server.  In other words, unless I
> > run my own smtp and pop servers, spamassassin is not an option.  Is that
> > correct?
>

> No.  I use SA with Evo and have my e-mail from three different ISP
> accounts filtered.
>
> I have SA version 2.63 in conjunction with Evo 1.4.5
>
> I have a shell file with the following command:

Sorry.  Accidentally hit the send button.

Anyway, I have the following in a shell file:

spamc -c

In the Evo filters, I have one set up to "Pipe Message to Shell
Command", with the name of the shell file in the first field. The action
is set to "Does not return" with the value of "0" (zero).

I then move that to a spam folder and "stop processing"

I also have a second filter that checks "specific header" for
X-Spam-Flag" contains "Yes". I move that also to a spam folder and stop
processing.

HTH and sorry for the partial message.

Marc Schwartz