Spamassassin in evolution

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at web.de
Tue Feb 3 23:30:28 UTC 2004

Am Mi, den 04.02.2004 schrieb Charles Howse um 00:03:

> Slick!  Very nice.
> So this means I don't have to have fetchmail/procmail get my mail?
> I can just install and configure spamassassin, and configure KMail as above?

Nearly:
You can ether use the spamdeamon or the user spamassassin. Procmail
config files for both are in /etc/mail/spamassassin, just copy

# cp /etc/mail/spamassassin/spamassassin-default.rc /etc/procmailrc
or
# cp /etc/mail/spamassassin/spamassassin-spamc.rc /etc/procmailrc

There also is a pipe script for use with local mailboxes called
spamassassin-helper.sh.

If you use spamc enable the service with
/sbin/chkconfig spamassasin on
/service spamassassin start

Ready to go.

Christoph