Future Dating

Chris A Czerwinski chrisczerwinski at cogeco.ca
Wed Feb 4 00:53:57 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-02-03 at 16:36, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> Once upon a time Wednesday 04 February 2004 6:28 am, Chris A Czerwinski wrote:
> > Does anyone else have Barry Yu <barryyupuilee at netscape.net> messages
> > future dated (on their system)
> >
> >   Feb 04  7:03 AM and
> >   Feb 04  6:57 AM and
> >   Feb 03 10:04 PM and
> >   Feb 03  9:59 PM
> >
> > Just wondering why it's future dated?
> > as I am on New York, New York time  EST.or
> > better still now is as I write this Feb 03 3:24 PM
> >
> > Yet when I go Fedora List they are listed as
> >
> > Tue Feb 3 04:56:48 GMT 2004
> > Tue Feb 3 05:91:48 GMT 2004
> > Tue Feb 3 06:51:48 GMT 2004
> > Tue Feb 3 06:56:00 GMT 2004
>
> Well right now in Australia it is 7:35 AM on Wed Feb 04  expect to get
> different dates  as different people from different places around the world
> run on different time zones
>
> Dennis

Seems strange that I have not seen this type time zone difference until
now. Does that mean he's the only one on Fedora List that is from that
time zone? and shows that time? We've had people from that part of the
globe communicating with us and the time did not show up this blatant,
because I keep my evolution by latest/current time.
I was just wondering? Something doesn't add up - when I saw this at Feb
3 around 3:00 pm EST and the time of his last message was Feb 4 7:00 AM
??? time zone. Even by Fedora's GMT time he's very close to 24 hrs  so
he is straddling the International Date Line. Hummmm

Chris Cz