New Installation

Jim Carlson carlson.jim at verizon.net
Wed Feb 4 03:56:28 UTC 2004

For those interested, using 'linux text' is under way and working to get my
installation completed.

I am not sure how to apply influence, or offer a suggestion, but it would
have been nice for the install to recognize the problem with running X and
rather than telling me it was safe to "you may safely reboot your system" it
could ask if I wanted to perform a 'linux text" install instead.

If nothing more than -

"if this message is seen during initial installation it is safe to reboot
and at the boot prompt type 'linux text'"

would have given me a heads up to what was going wrong.

My next question is now that I have done a linux text install happening, do
I only have a command line interface or will KDE or GNOME work?

Thanks,
Jim Carlson