win4lin and dhcp

Frank Lipski frank at franklipski.com
Wed Feb 4 14:56:31 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-02-04 at 08:20, Maupertuis Jean wrote:
> i install Win4lin and want to communicate( internet) using VNET.
> So  try run dhcpd but i don't know what to put in the dhcpd.conf because the
> man page is very esoteric for a user (not a network manager).
> I try to use the configuration file given as sample with the rpmw with no
> success. dhpcd tell thre is no subnet declaration for start (0.0.0.0)and
> isnot configured to lsten on any interfaces.
> Perhaps someone succeeds to use wn4lin with dhcp and can help me.
>
> Jean

did you setup your win4lin with vnet networking from the start or did
you choosed winsock1 or winsock2?

Try to switch to winsock1 and see if dhcp works there.  Then you can
switch back to vnet and should work.  I had to switch back and forth
once to get vnet working properly.

Also this issue is covered very well on the message board type Q&A
Database at the Netraverse Site.

Frank