Nortel Netlock VPN client

Shannon McMackin mcmackin at shentel.net
Wed Feb 4 15:14:31 UTC 2004

James Drabb wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-02-03 at 08:22, Neal D. Becker wrote:
>
>>Gunnar vS Kramm wrote:
>>

>>>Original e-mail from: Ben Steeves (bcs at metacon.ca):

> Sorry for replying to this post instead of the original, however I
> deleted it.
>
> I am able to run the Netlock client under FC1.  However I have NOT been
> able to get it to run on the FC kernels.  I downloaded the latest RH9
> kernel and kernel source and installed that.  It works perfect under
> RH9's kernel.  I guess it is something in the FC kernel that Netlock
> doesn't like.  I have the RH9 kernel and FC1 kernel install and just
> reboot into the RH9 kernel if I need to VPN into work.  It is not the
> best solution.  However you could use the RH9 kernel full-time over the
> FC1 kernel.
>
> It would be nice if a newer Netlock version came out that supported FC1,
> though I won't hold my breath : )
>
> Jim Drabb
There's another post above in the list that indicates you can use a
2.4.21 custome kernel from kernel.org with FC1 and it works great.  The
changes that broke were introduced into 2.4.22 and backported to FC1,
RHEL3 and SuSE 9 implementations of their 2.4.21 kernels.  Something
added to skbuff.h threw everything off.

Shannon McMackin
mcmackin at shentel.net