How to get Gnome 2.4.2 with apt?

Mike Cunningham mike at refactor.org.uk
Thu Feb 5 14:53:27 UTC 2004

Hi

I've just installed fc1 (defected from Suse for various reasons) and
have setup apt with the default config supplied by ATrpms. Everything is
working great except that I cannot work out what I need to have in my
sources.list to pick up regular gnome updates (e.g. 2.4.2).

My understanding is that if I used nyquist's devel packages I could
probably get 2.5.3 (and I may well do so on my development box) but I
cannot figure out how to just get updates in the 2.4.x series. Or
rather, I know how just not where from.

FYI: I'm currently using the default config from ATrpms.

Alternatively, is 2.5.3 stable enough for non-critical use. i.e. as a
day-to-day desktop on a development box?

Am I right in thinking that I could get that from nyquist or would I
need to compile it from the source? I don't really mind doing so but
would rather avoid it if I can.

Sorry for all the questions but I have dug around on this list's
archives and searched elsewhere and I couldn't find an answer.

Regards,

Mike Cunningham