bind

gumboot at shaw.ca gumboot at shaw.ca
Fri Feb 6 05:28:42 UTC 2004

I just converted from Redhat 9 where I had my dns working great.  Now... not so great :(

I used redhat-config-bind to configure dns on RH9.  It generated /etc/named and all the zone files perfiectly.  I used the same gui tool with Fedora but I can't even find the zone files in /var/named/.

When I restart named using the service configuration gui it says I have the correct number of domains running and everything is hunky dory.  Problem is none of my domains resolve.

It's been a while since I've had to troubleshoot bind and I think I'm missing something.  For one, I'm sure I added some stuff to /etc/hosts but for the life of me I can't remember what's supposed to be there besides 127.0.0.1  localhost.

Anyone got any ideas how I can troublshoot this one?  Even if you can just give me a list of file/configurations to look at - I need some place to start.

Thanks,
Joe