Is livna/fedora.us-testing testing? (WAS Re: yum livna nvidia problems.)

Maxwell Kanat-Alexander maxka at myrealbox.com
Fri Feb 6 06:26:07 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-02-01 at 11:22, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> The assumption that users who have enabled "testing" and "unstable"
> repositories would be into _testing software_ and would also have enabled
> Fedora Core Testing Updates, has been wrong. [snip]

	Hey, I just noticed this thread.

	If you want, I could consider disabling the fedora-testing,
fedora-unstable, livna-testing, and livna-unstable repos in the yum.conf
in the Unofficial FAQ. I'm really reluctant to do it, though. A *lot* of
software that people might want to install seems to only be in the
-testing or -unstable parts of the repositories, and I've rarely had
actual difficulties with any -testing or -unstable package, myself.

	I'm glad that for now, the -testing and -updates will continue to work
with the standard FC1 + Updates. :-)

	-M