fedora core on emachines T2865

Paul Pianta pantz at lqt.ca
Fri Feb 6 15:04:34 UTC 2004

Joe Szilagyi wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Has anyone install FC1 on this system? I'm all but ready to pull my
> hair out since it absolutely will not find or acknowledge the generic
> NIC card installed on it. Emachines' site is vague as to what's in
> there, the card is basic, and nothing on FC seems to like it. I
> searched the archives and Red Hat's HCL but found nothing...

you could try sticking a knoppix cd in and see if that has any luck
detecting the nic - knoppix is legendary for its hardware detection. If
knoppix can detect it - run an lsmod to see which module it is using and
then try to get that module working under fedora later ...

hth

pantz

--
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes ...
That way when you do criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes!