telnet/ssh disconnects... Possible NAT teardown?

ne... akabi at speakeasy.net
Fri Feb 6 15:16:40 UTC 2004

On Feb 5, 2004 at 14:49, Jeremy in a soothing rage wrote:
[...]
>The problem...
>
>Telnet/SSH connections to the machine, from the outside world, disconnect after
>5-10 minutes of inactivity.  For example, I can have 3 SSH connections to my
>box, neglect one window for a few minutes, and when I go to that window and
>start typing, I get a message from PuTTY saying I got disconnected.
In PuTTY under Connection make sure the 'Seconds between keepalives'
is not 0, mine is set to 60. On the server check /etc/ssh/sshd_config.
If 'KeepAlive yes' set? In no, set it and restart sshd.

N.Emile...
Bus error -- please leave by the rear door.
 10:11:21  up 64 days, 14:58,  3 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00