Asus A7V8X Motherboard Onboard Graphics

Martin Halford martin.halford at virgin.net
Sat Feb 7 07:09:10 UTC 2004

Hi,

I have built a budget system based on the Asus A7V8X motherboard to try
out Fedora Core 1 as a desktop replacement.

The only problem I have had is with the Via UniChrome KM400 integrated
graphics which does not seem to be supported.  Normal displays are fine
using a generic VESA driver, but in games (such as Tux Racer or
flightgear) it falls over.

Someone on the Via forum has had a go at trying to adapt RH9 drivers but
has failed.

Drivers:

http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=296

Does anyone here have a solution.  Buying a graphics card defeats the
object of building what is otherwise a very cheap system, but may be the
only option?

Martin