Installing APT on RH9 prior to upgrading to Fedora

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Sat Feb 7 15:06:53 UTC 2004

Am Sa, den 07.02.2004 schrieb ed um 15:57:
> Does anyone have the steps required to install APT on RH9.
>
> I have 1 system left to upgrade, but it is my most important server and
> need to have it up and running most of the time (DNS, Proxy, Print/File
> server, Time server, dhcp, etc..)
>
> I have searched freshmeat and stil there does not seem to be a clear cut
> path on how to work this.
>
> I download apt4rpm-0.67-0.noarch.rpm but it failed the dependicies for
> perl_XML-LibXML and apt-server. I have installed apt on my fedora
> servers without any problems and it works great.
>
> Thanks,
> Ed

What is your problem?

http://ftp.freshrpms.net/pub/freshrpms/redhat/9/apt/

As far as I remember the apt package comes with prepared sources files
for using the freshrpms.net repository.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2149.nptl
Sirendipity 16:05:47 up 7 days, 15:05, load average: 0.28, 0.26, 0.30
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]