Netgear FVS318 router failing to connect to apache port 80

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Sat Feb 7 16:48:12 UTC 2004

Am Sa, den 07.02.2004 schrieb Brooks Kelley um 16:59:
> Afer installing Fedora, I set up a netgear FVS318 to handle my web
> pages.
>
> I am having trouble with the Netgear FVS318 router getting web pages
> from the WAN, but not from the LAN.
>
> >From the WAN via DMZ, it can connect to my webmin just fine ( port 10000
> ). To SSHD just fine ( Port 22 ). Ironically, to Apache port 443 (
> HTTPS: ) just fine. But when it comes to port 80 ( HTTP ), there is no
> response from my server.
>
> I have sniffed the network with ethereal and the router is trying to
> pass the packet along from the WAN to my router and then to my server,
> but there is no response from the server. The packet looks to be well
> formed.
>
> I sniffed my Nexland router ( on another set ) and it responded quite
> well.
>
> Has anyone a clue as to why this is? And how they solved this problem!
>
> BTW, it is the same problem with my Redhat 9.0 server too. I just tested
> it en lieu of Fedora.
>
> Also, my httpd.conf file is classic and is set to
> Listen 80.
>
> But, changing it to Listen 8080 and trying it has not had anymore
> success than 80.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Brooks Kelley
> Linux+ Certified, A+ Certified

I do not understand your setup - what is WAN, what is DMZ and what LAN
in your setup, which task has the Netgear device - but it seems clear
that something is blocking port 80. So check your firewalling.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2149.nptl
Sirendipity 17:46:26 up 7 days, 16:46, load average: 0.23, 0.17, 0.11
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]