New Fedora user

Telmo Silva tsilva at zmail.pt
Sat Feb 7 19:31:24 UTC 2004

Hi,

well, I am a Linux newbie myself. I just start working with Linux some 4
years ago. In that time installing Linux was a really pain in the ass, I
can say. I just started with Debia, then I moved to Gentoo and now I'm
usinf Fedora Core, wich I do love. But lets go to the important things.

Primarily, in my opinion, there would be better if there was a GUI
interface to launch the setup of Fedora Core from Windows partition. But
then, as we know, Windows crashes a lot, and then, installing Linux from
windows could become a really pain in the ass as you could end up
without each of the operating systems. I think it's preferable to burn
the CD's and install it from scratch, without messing up with Windows.
Fedora Core offers yum package manager, so I think, I'm not sure but you
won't need to burn any other CD's as yum upgrades the distro for you.

I don't use Windows so I don't know what you are looking for in a disk
management tool, but if your looking for a GUI for mounting Windows
partitions, I would aprove it, as it would facilitate the job for many
newbies that don't know anything about Linux.

Telmo Silva <tsilva at zmail.pt>