Sensors and sis5595.o

M.Hockings veeshooter at hockings.net
Mon Feb 9 13:15:56 UTC 2004

Markku Kolkka wrote:

>M.Hockings kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika lauantai, 7.
>helmikuuta 2004 02:24):
>

>>Scanning for the sensors seems to indicate the presence of a
>>SIS5595 and probably a SIS950, which would make sense as it is
>>a SIS based MB.
>>

>Which motherboard is it? You didn't try reading the specs or
>actually looking at the board to see which chip it uses?
>

>>Probing for `Silicon Integrated Systems SIS5595'
>>  Trying general detect... Success!
>>    (confidence 9, driver `sis5595')
>>Probing for `ITE IT8705F / IT8712F / SiS 950'
>>  Trying address 0x0290... Success!
>>    (confidence 8, driver `it87')
>>
>>The it87 module loads ok but does not seem to show any sensor
>>data and the SIS5595 module does not seem to load.
>>

>Boards with ITE 8705 often show a misdetected sis5595. Most
>likely the right driver is it87.

I only have physical access to two of the machines at the moment, one is
at a remote site.  Even the two that I have access to it would not be
convienent (for both me and the users) to pop the covers off right now.
However, I was able to find the board on the Web at
http://www.kobian.com/products.php?productid=340.

It indicates that is uses "System Hardware Monitor: Built-in ITE8705F".
But with only the it87 driver it appears that sensors does not seem to
return any data.  Are there any special tricks to make this work?

Mike