Synaptic Pads, was Network Setup

Bill Spears bspears at easystreet.com
Mon Feb 9 18:46:29 UTC 2004

Alexander, you got it.

After making the changes you suggested, netstat -r came up with the
correct information.

redhat-config-network-cmd, however still reported that the "static
routes file eth0" was invalid.  I followed up on your thinking and
deleted the routed file from /etc/sysconfig/networking/devices/.

Now redhat-config-network-cmd reports correctly.

In case you wondered about those strange typos, that brings up my next
subject.  The computer in question is an old Acer laptop with a touch
pad, Synaptic I believe.  When typing in X mode, my thumb accidentally
brushes the pad, causing the letters I am typing to appear in strange
places.  Sometimes I don't correct the typos correctly.

In Windows, there is a way to turn of the touch==click part of the pad.
Can this be done in X?

--

Bill Spears <bspears at easystreet.com>