Upgrading to FC1 from RH7.1 and RH8.0

Greg Ennis PoMec at PoMec.Net
Tue Feb 10 00:54:56 UTC 2004

On Sun, 8 Feb 2004, Greg Ennis wrote:

> Everyone,
>
> I am preparing to upgrade one RH 7.1 and two RH 8.0 machines to FC1.  Are
> there any major problems with these upgrades that should cause me to be
> concerned?  Will I be able to do an actual upgrade without needing to
erase
> the old and rebuild with FC1?

You should be able to upgrade. I have never had any problems doing upgrades,
but others have.

> Also, does anyone know when FC2 will be released?

No, it is skd for some time in April but given that test1 is already late
and
that the skd was very agressive to begin with I suspect it will be late.
Just
how late remains to be seen as we get closer to the actual date. I would
much
rather delay things than have them put out junk.

Tom

Thanks Ben and Tom,

I'll make sure I digest the FAQ's carefully!

Greg