User Linux

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Tue Feb 10 05:56:22 UTC 2004

At 23:24 2/9/2004, you wrote:
>On Mon, 2004-02-09 at 23:12, Jeff Lasman wrote:
> > 3) I prefer a solution that does what I generally do right out of the
> > box.  The only MSW system here is a server running A1 monitor and the
> > Mailtraq mail server, so I don't have the options of listening to MP3s,
> > for example, on Windows, nor do I want to have to continually install
> > non-supported "stuff"to do what I want to do.
>
>         I think that because of RH's stance on "free software" you're
> going to
>have to work around the non-supported stuff.  This could be a definite
>deal breaker.  I don't use my Linux boxes for music or anything
>recreational (unless you call hacking a recreation), I use my iMac.

I think Jeff was saying that he doesn't listen to MP3's on Windows either,
so not having it on Fedora would not be a problem. However, I could still
be misreading that post, since I'm not 100% I understood it fully.
Especially the "...nor do I want to have to continually install
non-supported "stuff" to do what I want to do" part.

>         Don't know if this was of any help/use for you but it's all I got
> this
>late at night (it's 2 1/2 hours past my bed time).

Hey, why do *you* get a bedtime? Is that fair, I ask you?

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz at simpaticus.com
http://www.simpaticus.com