Yum is great, but do you trust them?

Joel Jaeggli joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Tue Feb 10 22:24:28 UTC 2004

in /usr/share/rhn are two files...

RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora
RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-test

doing an:

rpm --import RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora

will import the fedora public key into rpm's keyring... the other is used
to sign the packages in the testing dir.

then add:

gpgcheck=1

to the server sections of your yum.conf

then you can:

yum update

without fear of bogus packages...

for third party packages and repositories like atrpms dag or freshrpms
there are generally more public keys you can add to validate those
packages as well...

Joel Jaeggli  	       Unix Consulting 	       joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu