Evolution and Outlook coexistence

Javier Perez pepebuho at pananet.com
Wed Feb 11 11:09:51 UTC 2004

Hi

I wanted to get a feeling for this before plunging in a wild chase.

I am moving myself from Windows into Linux. I have a system setup
with Outlook 2000 and another lab system setup with Linux and Evolution.
I really liked evolution.

I want to work out with both e-mail programs, but keep the same
database of e-mails. I do not mind spliting the contacts and
Agenda stuff, but I want to keep my sequence of e-mails.

I thought of setting up a mail server and have the e-mail
server pickup my e-mail from my ISP and have evolution and
outlook look at the e-mail at my mailserver
(leave message on server option activated).

In theory I should be able to look at the e-mail from either
Outlook or Evo while keeping the e-mail messages together in one place.

Am I missing something here, regarding the functionality of the
mailservers in general? Is there any easy to setup and administer
mailserver program? I only need it to deal with one user, me.

I apreciate your comments.

Thanks!

Javier

 /\_/\