Red Hat Network Update Notification

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Wed Feb 11 12:54:53 UTC 2004

On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 01:26:12PM +0100, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Am Mi, den 11.02.2004 schrieb Dougga um 06:45:
> > Hey,  I'm having two issues with the up2date function on fedora core 1:
>
> Do not hijack threads like Michael already said with other words.
>
> > I updated the /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources file with some local repositories
> > (here they are)
> >
> > yum fedora-core-1 ftp://rpmfind.speakeasy.net/linux/fedora/core/1/i386/os
> > yum updates-released ftp://rpmfind.speakeasy.net/linux/fedora/core/updates/1
> > #yum updates-testing http://fedora.redhat.com/updates/testing/fedora-core-1
> >
> > Now I find that I have blazing speed on the updates but...
> >
> > 1)  the notification icon claims everything is up2date even though things
> > aren't.
>
> Because you use FTP sources and the applet only handles HTTP sources.

  Though that is fixed in the last rhn-applet, try 2.1.7
    http://people.redhat.com/veillard/testing/FC1/i386/rhn-applet/

> > and
> >
> > 2)
> > even though I've downloaded every key I can think of from fedora and redhat, I
> > get loads of errors stating that the gpg key is wrong.  I believe Speakeasy
> > is a reputable source (pun intended) though they do have new management.
> > I assume I'm missing a gpg key... but at this point I'm not sure at all.

  I run the rpmfind.speakeasy.net server, apparently it's not out of
disk space so I would expect the mirror to be okay. Speakeasy management
has nothing to do with possible errors on rpmfind boxes...

Daniel