Promise SATA controller almost working... Solved!

Jean-Rene Cormier jean-rene.cormier at cipanb.ca
Wed Feb 11 16:59:26 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-02-11 at 12:01, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Am Mi, den 11.02.2004 schrieb Jean-Rene Cormier um 13:41:
>
> HiJean-Rene!
>
> > I finally got it to load fine, I re-compiled it with module versions and
> > it worked. Though when I copied the same modules on the new system and
> > created an initrd it wouldn't boot because the modules had unresolved
> > symbols so I booted with my bootdisk and tried to re-compiled the module
> > on it but for some reason I haven't been able to compile it. So I update
> > the kernel to 2.4.22-1.2149.nptl and used the sata_promise driver
> > instead and it boots fine.
>
> So it only compiled on .2149 successfully?

No I haven't tried with .2149 yet, only with .2115 and for some reason
only on my laptop, on my new system I got some error about shed.h or
something like that, I'll do some more test tonight. I'll check what
I've done differently on my laptop tonight.

> > If anybody wants my bootdisk I could put my iso online and maybe write a
> > small HOWTO.
>
> Writing a helpful howto is always a good idea. So others can also profit
> by your efforts. I think www.fedoranews.org is a good place to
> contribute to if you have not an own website.

I'll start to write something tonight also.

Jean-Rene Cormier