Remove X from startup.

Rob sysadmin at fleetone.com
Wed Feb 11 17:30:12 UTC 2004

Use your favorite text editor and edit /etc/inittab

# Default runlevel. The runlevels used by RHS are:
# 0 - halt (Do NOT set initdefault to this)
# 1 - Single user mode
# 2 - Multiuser, without NFS (The same as 3, if you do not have networking)
# 3 - Full multiuser mode
# 4 - unused
# 5 - X11
# 6 - reboot (Do NOT set initdefault to this)
#
id:5:initdefault:
^ ---- You want to change this number to 1 or 3 ( 3 preferred )

Once done, save and reboot, you won´t boot with graphical login, just text
login.

Rob