Invisible https on Mozilla 1.4.1 [WAS - yum and network blues . . . a mighty help anyone ?]

Thiers Botelho thiers at fosfertil-ultrafertil.com.br
Wed Feb 11 18:58:05 UTC 2004

William Hooper quoting Thiers and asking:

>> BTW, 1 - I can browse normally on Mozilla (after explicit proxy
>> authentication request), although It doesn't open https site above
>> (probably a certificate issue).

> Is this using just username:thiers, password:my_password_here ?

> William Hooper

Hi William,

Since you asked, the whole Mozilla story is:

When accessing first URL after opening Mozilla, login and password are
required for authentication to the ISA server (proxy).

I can browse normally on most sites but, when pointing to

I received a dialog box entitled 'Alert' with the msg:

                lists.linux.duke.edu could not be found. Please check the
name and try again.

When pointing to that same URL from IE or Opera on Windows, I receive some
notification about irregular certificate, install it anyway and can then
access normally.

Maybe I should export the certificate from one of these and export to Moz
?

Cheers

Thiers