Kernel 2.6 problems: rfcomm, scroll mouse, and keyboard

Bevan C. Bennett bevan at fulcrummicro.com
Wed Feb 11 18:41:50 UTC 2004

Daniel Durgin wrote:

> 2. My USB Wheel Microsoft Intellimouse (I know, don't
> yell at me,I just don't feel like spending money)
> won't scroll.  Infact kudzu thinks it is a generic ps2
> mouse.weird thing is it work besides scrolling. I play
> with xmodmap, but that didn't seem to work.

 From a plain console login, run 'mouseconfig' as root and select your
actual mouse rather than the detected generic.

You can also just edit /etc/X11/XF86Config and alter your mouse entry to
look something like this:

Section "InputDevice"
         Identifier  "Mouse0"
         Driver      "mouse"
         Option      "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
         Option      "Device" "/dev/mouse"
         Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
         Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
EndSection

It's the 'protocol' and 'zaxismapping' lines that make scrolling work.