Fedora Core 1 Update: gimp-print-4.2.6-4

Jim Cornette jim-cornette at insight.rr.com
Thu Feb 12 00:02:08 UTC 2004

Leonard den Ottolander wrote:
> Hello William,
>

>>Fedora doesn't use RHN.
>

> Then what is the Red Hat Network Alert Notification Tool doing in my
> task bar? Usually I do see updates being available there before they are
> announced.
>
> Bye,
> Leonard.

The rhn-applet has been improved so it is able to check for updates in
repositories (ftp or http). Redhat Network or RHN is setup a bit
differently and is what you and many longtime Redhat users are used to.

The alert ICON works for yum and I imagine apt-repositories.

The new lead person can probably fill you in on what RHN is. It is
basically a whole network structure vs. a package repository, which uses
header information generated by yum or apt tools for the server to know
what to do with rpms on the repositories.

Jim

--
A friend of mine won't get a divorce, because he hates lawyers more than he
hates his wife.