Figuring out redhat-config-httpd

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Thu Feb 12 03:07:39 UTC 2004

At 11:39 2/10/2004, you wrote:
>>         3. Verified that /etc/host.conf says "order hosts, dns" and
>> verified that there is no DNS server running on this machine.
>
>More importantly, does 'host simpaticus' return 127.0.0.1?

"host simpaticus" does not return anything; it says "no servers reached." I
am under the impression that this is correct behavior since the host
command is /only/ able to query DNS servers and not the /etc/hosts file; is
this correct?

>I'd expect to find the following in your httpd.conf file, based on your
>comments, are these there?
>
>NameVirtualHost 127.0.0.1:80
><VirtualHost 127.0.0.l:80>
>     DocumentRoot /home/rpaiz/www.simpaticus.com
>     ServerName simpaticus
>     ServerAlias simpaticus.localhost
>     ErrorLog logs/www.simpaticus.com-error_log
></VirtualHost>

These are there.

><Directory /home/rpaiz/www.simpaticus.com>
>     Order allow,deny
>     Allow from all
></Directory>

These are not. I'll check the directory orders later on. However, I guess
the problem may have more to do with the namevirtualhost "simpaticus" not
being properly recognized for some reason...

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz at simpaticus.com
http://www.simpaticus.com