User Linux

Aaron Matteson fedora at cryptosystem.us
Thu Feb 12 05:39:31 UTC 2004

Vincent became daring and sent these 1.5K bytes,

> That's the wrong attitude. He's making (some) valid points and appears
> to care about the quality and adoption of Linux. I agree this isn't a
> Fedora specific thread but It's still one that has to do with a lot of
> users on this list. Personally I'd like to see a Full discussion on this
> topic somewhere with people who know what they are talking about. Saying
> we have Gimp and they have to pay for photoshop like a few people
> mentioned is the kinda bias opinions we mock when M$ puts out a TCO
> report. Weather you want to admit it or not Linux lags behind windows in
> many areas and pretending they do not exist is not a solution.

Exactly.

Aaron Matteson - http://cryptosystem.us - JID: mindstorm at jabber.avlug.org
The essential feature of complex behavior is the ability to perform
transitions between different states ... Complexity is concerned with
systems in which evolution, and hence history plays or has played an
important role in the observed behavior.