FAQ vs search [Was: up2date]

Marc Williams marcw at onlymooo.com
Thu Feb 12 19:08:17 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-02-12 at 11:54, Bevan C. Bennett wrote:

> We need:
> 1) A community maintained FAQ
> 2) A link to that FAQ from fedora.redhat.com/participate/communicate

I've seen several of these already.  I've taken a liking to
http://fedoranews.org/ .

What I think would be even more beneficial for new users and those just
nosing around would be a prominent link on the main fedora web site that
says "Support".  That support page could then host all sorts of FAQs,
links, etc.  These very things might very well be scattered around on
the Fedora site for all I know.  But they are definitely not on a page
entitled "Support" because no such page exists, iirc.  All major
projects and vendors have a specific page entitled "Support".  IBM, MS,
Red Hat, etc.  It's become the de facto standard for software to have a
page called "Support".

The list on the main site:

Download
Docs
Projects
Participate
About

needs another entry called "Support".  Ok, I've said it enough.  I'll
shut up now.