FC2 test 1

David L Norris dave at webaugur.com
Thu Feb 12 22:52:20 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-02-12 at 21:28, Bjorn Andersen wrote:
> tor, 2004-02-12 kl. 21:32 skrev David L Norris:
> > I'd love to see Core on 1-2 CDs plus optional Extras CDs.

> And what about other Danish, German and Spanish languages??? No keep
> it om 3 cd's

Man pages, fonts, etc?  I think those would all fit on a single CD with
a minimum system.  I made a single-CD multilingual GNOME installer as a
450 MB ISO from nothing but FC1 RPMs.  I did not include a full set of
multilingual man pages and fonts but they should fit.  (Multilingual
fonts, man pages, etc appear to be roughly 150 MB.)

> The only way of cutting down on the cd's is to put KDE on an Extra CD.
> But I guess thats going to make someone angry. Am i right? :-)

Yeah, really.  Put QT on CD1 for compatibility and KDE on CD12 for those
who can stand it.  ;-)

--
 David Norris
  http://www.webaugur.com/dave/