psc 1210

david walcroft david_walcroft at yahoo.com.au
Thu Feb 12 23:28:41 UTC 2004

amazing powers of observation wrote:
>   in fedora core my hp psc 1210  that means   printer scanner and copier
> in one unit . the hpijs picks up the printer but using xsane and kooka
> niethier one will reconize the scanner device . i had tried it under
> lindows and mandrake and both those were plug n play using the same
> applications i just mentioned .  any ideas ?

Check that you have the hpoj rpm installed,then as root, run 'ptal-init
setup' give it a default name then run 'ptal-init start' ( I think! )
if its a usb it may use /dev/lp0,mine's a 2110 with little setup problems.

Two tips: scanning text (ocr), use 600dpi

           try this ocr programme http://www.claraocr.org

   david