Kernel Panic with 2.44.22-1.2166

Norman Gaywood norm at turing.une.edu.au
Fri Feb 13 03:54:35 UTC 2004

On Thu, Feb 12, 2004 at 10:45:29PM -0500, Bobby Ryan Newberry wrote:
> I tried this, and the kernel continues to panic with the same errors. One
> thing is, I can still boot into 2.44.22-1.2149 normally, it's just the when
> I try to boot into the new one that is giving my the problem.

Try booting into your 2.44.22-1.2149 normally, then do

rpm -e kernel-2.4.22-1.2166.nptl
yum update

Hopefully the yum update won't crash and this time build the initrd
properly.

--
Norman Gaywood, Systems Administrator
School of Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science

norm at turing.une.edu.au            Phone: +61 (0)2 6773 2412
http://turing.une.edu.au/~norm    Fax:   +61 (0)2 6773 3312