Installation problems

Antoine Fortuin ant at ct.ucs.co.za
Fri Feb 13 05:28:11 UTC 2004

Hi all.

I'm a fairly competent linux user (Mandrake 8-9) and (Redhat 6-7) but
I'm having problems installing Fedora Core 1 on my laptop.

It's a Clevo D400S (4.2Ghz Celeron, 30Gig HD, 256meg RAM, Shared 32 meg
Video memory) but when I boot with the Installation CD it hangs on the
'/sbin/loader' command. The CD and drive will spin for about 5 seconds
while the command runs then the whole machine becomes silent.

I've tried booting with the 'linux nofb' command but there's no difference.

I've tried the CDs on my desktop (AMD 1Ghz, 30Gig HD, 192 meg RAM, 64Meg
GeForce4 graphics) and it works perfectly (ie. No hanging on that command).

Any suggestions on what to do?

Kind regards,
Antoine