yum install Mysql

WipeOut wipe_out at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Feb 13 07:45:18 UTC 2004

david walcroft wrote:

> Mario St-Gelais wrote:
>
>> david walcroft wrote:
>>
>>> A bit stumped for dependancies on Mysql 4.0.16 :
>>>
>>> Package MySQL-client needs perl(the), this is not available.
>>> Package MySQL-bench needs perl(this), this is not available.
>>>
>>> FC1 has perl-5.8.1-92 installed,I looked at CPAN but nothing
>>> I have a .cpan in ~david but don't realy know how to use it.
>>>
>>>  Thanks for any help    david
>>>

>> I suggest you get the rpms from www.mysql.com.  You will likely need
>> both client and server packages.
>>

> I did. building 4.0.17src.rpm as I write.
>
>   david

I just downloaded the RPM's from mysql.com and they work fine..

I installed..
MySQL-client-4.0.17-0.i386.rpm
MySQL-server-4.0.17-0.i386.rpm
MySQL-shared-compat-4.0.17-0.i386.rpm

After that I installed the packages that were dependent on mysql like
php-mysql and they went in with no problem.. No need to rebuild from srpm..

Alternatively if you want to build then this page may help..
http://fedoranews.org/contributors/tony_smith/mysql/

Later..