Newer Palms that play MP3s and sync with Fedora?

Ben Steeves bcs at metacon.ca
Fri Feb 13 17:20:46 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-02-13 at 13:12, Preston Crawford wrote:
> Does anyone know which of the newer Palms is supported by the drivers
> that currently ship with Fedora? I'm looking for an MP3 player and
> thinking of just getting a new Palm that does both if I can find one
> that syncs with Fedora as easily as my M130. One other side question to
> this. What is the battery life like on Palms like this for those that
> may have one? I'd consider a Zaurus again, but the battery life was like
> all of 2 hours. My M130 can go literally weeks between charges.

More powerful processors and capabilities (such as MP3 playing) require
more battery life.  Ironically, the Palm with the best battery life (the
Tungsten C) is the worst at playing music, because it has mono output
(it's designed for VoIP, but there's no application for it yet).

The Zire 71, Tungsten T or T2 will sync nicely with Fedora, but the T3
and E have a new set of conduits which (as of yet) don't work with
Linux.

OTOH, if you have a card reader, you don't need to sync to load music
onto your handheld.

Ben Steeves                     _                    bcs at metacon.ca
 The ASCII ribbon campaign     ( )               ben.steeves at unb.ca
http://www.metacon.ca/ascii    / \     Yahoo Messenger: ben_steeves