What's wrong with the up2date???

M.Hockings veeshooter at hockings.net
Fri Feb 13 18:13:02 UTC 2004

Alexander Dalloz wrote:

>Am Fr, den 13.02.2004 schrieb António Vasconcelos um 18:19:
>

>>Hello.
>>I have Fedora installed (Core 1) and I just can't complete the update
>>list.... Or because of  service was reseted or, because the downloads
>>are transfering at very low speed (and it's is not a problem with my
>>connection...).
>>Can anyone tell me what is happening?
>>Too much people accessing the site, the updates or just....????
>>
>>Thank you very much to all for your patience and dedication
>>Best regards
>>António Vasconcelos - PT
>>

>Use a mirror server! kernel updates and the new FC2 test1 slow down the
>main server. Follow:
>
>http://fedoranews.org/contributors/alexander_dalloz/mirror
>
>Alexander

Good article Alexander.

I have a question.  I have a local mirror that I create by rsync'ing
with a mirror.  This works very well to keep the 4 or 5 FC1 machines
here updated.  I notice that occasionally I seem to pick up a corrupt
file from the mirror and I have to delete the rpm and re-rsync with
another mirror to pick up a good version.  My question is this, do
mirrors self-correct in that they detect a difference in the file and
pull down the correct version on their next sync or is it a user's
responsibility to report it to the mirror's operator?

In my case the kernel source for the 2166 kernal was only 5M (should be
around 40M) from zeniiia in the UK.

Kind regards,

Mike