Newer e1000 driver disk (Red Hat Linux 9) needed

Jason Dixon jason at dixongroup.net
Fri Feb 13 18:18:20 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-02-13 at 12:27, Jos Vos wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an urgent need for a driver disk with a newer e1000 driver
> than the RHL 9 boot images have (for newer Intel Gigabit cards,
> that do work with later update kernels).

Please note that this is a Fedora list, not a "Red Hat Linux" (i.e. 7.x,
8.0, 9) list.  Future posts regarding RH9 should be directed to the
redhat-list mailing list.

HP provides drivers for the e1000 on their linux driver pages.  However,
they only have RHEL 3.0/2.1 and RHL up to 8.0 in their support matrix.
You might be able to get it working with the e1000 driver for 8.0 or
RHEL 3.0.

--
Jason Dixon, RHCE
DixonGroup Consulting