Hello...

Martin Jackson mhjacks at swbell.net
Sat Feb 14 17:46:45 UTC 2004

I am a long-time linux user, peeking in on fedora now that there's a new
release pending.

I have been a redhat user on and off for about 6 years.  Currently, my
home systems are split between debian and gentoo.  I am very encouraged
by the enhanced choices fedora is now offering:  multiple imap servers,
shiny new versions of nearly all the software it includes, and so on.

One of the things that has always bugged me about redhat's packaging of
fetchmail is that they don't package an init script with it to start it
in daemon mode.  I filed a bugzilla bug about that two years ago.  If I
were to submit an initscript for fetchmail relatively soon (like be the
end of next week) might it be included in the final release?

Also, I am a bit curious as to why FC2-test1 includes older releases of
postgresql and mysql.  It should be easy to get the newer versions, and
theoretically at least they are bugfix releases. :)

Thanks,
Marty