Hello...

leam leam at reuel.net
Sat Feb 14 17:58:09 UTC 2004

Martin Jackson wrote:
> I am a long-time linux user, peeking in on fedora now that there's a new
> release pending.
>
> I have been a redhat user on and off for about 6 years.  Currently, my
> home systems are split between debian and gentoo.  I am very encouraged
> by the enhanced choices fedora is now offering:  multiple imap servers,
> shiny new versions of nearly all the software it includes, and so on.
>
> One of the things that has always bugged me about redhat's packaging of
> fetchmail is that they don't package an init script with it to start it
> in daemon mode.  I filed a bugzilla bug about that two years ago.  If I
> were to submit an initscript for fetchmail relatively soon (like be the
> end of next week) might it be included in the final release?
>
> Also, I am a bit curious as to why FC2-test1 includes older releases of
> postgresql and mysql.  It should be easy to get the newer versions, and
> theoretically at least they are bugfix releases. :)
>
> Thanks,
> Marty

Two short answers. This group is fairly chatty, so if you have a good
init script it might not make it in this time but shared expertise is
seldom wasted.

As to MySQL, I asked about that some time ago and the comment was
something about licensing. The other problem for me is that I use php,
so if I upgrade mysql I have to redo or build my own php config as well.
It's certainly doable but I have other things to keep me busy and not
enough brain cells to share.

ciao!

leam