Window source code leaked

James Drabb JDrabb at tampabay.rr.com
Sat Feb 14 19:27:35 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-02-13 at 09:12, Luciano Miguel Ferreira Rocha wrote:
> Anyway, I thought people here respected copyrights. How can the same
> people that cry against ilegal use of GPL code by some corporations take
> so light views on copyright when talking about Microsoft's (supposed)
> code?

I do respect others copyrights.  I was playing devils advocate.  I think
people get silly about copyrights, especially MS's.  The best thing to
do is ask a lawyer.

Looking at the MS code is a whole different ball game then actually
_using_ that code.  You would have to be an idiot to use MS's code
without proper permission.  They can unleash a legal nightmare on anyone
that would try to steal their code.

> I'm not saying you have just a view, but this is a public list, and from
> these posts I had that view. I just hope to correct that view for any
> public out there.

Thanks for looking out for the publics best interest : )

> Regards,
> Luciano Rocha

Jim Drabb
The box said: "Requires Windows 98/2000/NT/XP or better."
So, I installed LINUX!
James Drabb JR
Senior Programmer Analyst
Davenport, FL USA