Maxtor Sata - no detect -

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Sat Feb 14 20:37:10 UTC 2004

Am Sa, den 14.02.2004 schrieb raxet um 21:27:
> Josh wrote:
>
> >Hey all,
>

> >Just tried installiong Fedora 3.3 on my new comp.  During the
> >installation it cannot find my SATA Maxtor hard drive.  Any ideas on
> >where to start?

Why do you quote a different posting if you do not reply to it?

> I have tried in vain to get Promise support working with my SATA and
> all that worked before fails, even using a 2.6 kernel and making a driver
> disk.

It is always helpful to exactly say what you did and what you
experienced.

> I'm clueless where to begin now.

Go to www.promise.com, get the source for the SATA driver and compile it
on your system. Before you need to install the kernel-source package.

You can also search in the list archive for other hints about getting
SATA to work.

> RaXeT

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2166.nptl
Sirendipity 21:34:10 up 1:13, 7 users, 0.18, 0.16, 0.17
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]