Kernel update

Scott S. swarty at charter.net
Sun Feb 15 00:05:57 UTC 2004

It first caught my eye when at the logon screen, (non GUI, init 3).  I
thought at first it was just a mistake and then went to the source
directory.  There I did "make xconfig" when I checked the processor the
Intel coppermine was selected.  This is what makes me suspect it is the i686
kernel and not the athlon.  Since I still consider myself a novice, I
thought it was wise to ask here for more info.

<I also tried to recompile it from the source directory and ran into a
number of errors.  More on that later.>

Scott S.