Linux becomes #2 desktop

James Drabb JDrabb at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Feb 15 19:35:44 UTC 2004

I don't know how many of you read /., however I wanted to post this
since it just made my day!

http://tinyurl.com/2arbq

A quick summary:

Business Week expects IDC to announce desktop Linux installations to
reach 3.2%, for the first time overtaking Macintosh market share.

Linux is around 25% of the server market and in the March 2004 issue of
Linux Journal, I just read that analysts are estimating Linux to have
45% of the server market by 2007 and 6% of the desktop market by 2007,
only three years away!

Jim Drabb
The box said: "Requires Windows 98/2000/NT/XP or better."
So, I installed LINUX!
James Drabb JR
Senior Programmer Analyst
Davenport, FL USA