ALS and linux

Peter Reed deadworry at postman.net
Sun Feb 15 21:56:37 UTC 2004

Hello everyone
I have a friend that has ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis) or Lou
Gehrig's Disease and presently is using Windows XP which has pretty good
support for this type of situation, however my friend would like to know
if it would be possible for him to use linux.  He is unable to use the
keyboard and has to use the mouse exclusively.  So my question is is
there a distribution and/or software made for linux that you know of
that would be sympathetic to a person in this situation.  He would
really like to make the  switch.  Any info would be a help.  Thank you
in advance.
Peter Reed